About Getting It In Cyclists
Getting It In (GII) Cyclists started off with 3 zealous cycling enthusiast riding together for exercise, fun and the love of the sport. On May 3, 2013, GII began posting rides on MeetUp.com. Today we have over 3,000 cyclists on MeetUp and it continues to grow daily!
Posting the rides on MeetUp enabled us to accomplish so much, for instance:
- We were able to go as a group to multiple Century Rides to include the Seagull Century and the Indian Head Century.
- We trained and developed numerous “Newbie” riders some of whom have not been on a bike since they were kids (or ever).
We’re proud of what we’ve been able to do, we could not have done it without you! In April, 2014 GII became incorporated and
began running as a club. During this time, we:
- Appointed a Board of Directors and Officers and established club by-laws
- Applied for non-profit status
- Designed and ordered kits (jerseys, shorts, bibs and socks)
- Designed and developed the club website
- Applied for bike insurance and road-side assistance
Some of our goals/projects for the upcoming year that we just can’t wait to get to include but are not limited to:
- Sponsor at least one organizational bike event which include SAG support, marked roads and refreshments at stops
- Community service events such as, provide at least 1 scholastic scholarship to a high school senior in the area
- Bike and safety clinics
All quality nonprofit organizations need financial resources to help achieve their goals. The Getting It In Cyclists, Inc. will have three basic means of financial support: Member dues, Fundraisers and Foundations/Corporate sponsorship. Our annual membership dues are $35 per member.